From the first look at Yamaha TZR50, you see a full sized, ready to race super-sport machine with the Yamaha R series DNA in itself. Then you get a real shock after knowing the motor behind that perfect piece of an automobile fairing. That’s what defines the TZR50.
The bike comes with a 49.7 cc liquid cooled, 2-stroke engine producing 2.68 BHP @ 6250 rpm and 3 NM @ 5500 rpm. If that sounds weird, the next part is more surprising. It gets a 6-speed manual gearbox. Disc brakes of size 280 mm and 220 mm have been used on the motorcycle. The tyre size of 100/80-17 for the front and 130/7017 for the rear keeps it nothing less than a lightweight Yamaha track machine.
Yamaha R50 gets a 14 litre fuel tank and comes with a 815 mm of seat height. The bike is a real underpowered example of automobile engineering but brings a lot of attention due to its small free flow type exhaust and fox-eye fairing. It is retailed for a price above 3,400 euros, making it a non-practical choice even if India allows the import via CKD route.
Key Specifications of Yamaha R50
- Displacement- 49.7 cc
- Maximum Power- 2.68 Bhp @ 6250 rpm
- Maximum Torque - 3 Nm @ 5500 rpm
- Gearbox - 6 Manual Constant Mesh
- Seat Height - 815 mm
- Ground Clearance - 151 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight - 128 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity - 14 litres
The Yamaha TZR50 would always stay a dream for the Indian automobile market as its launch is no way possible, thanks to our strict emission norms banning the 2-stroke machines to be produced or sold in the market. Yamaha TZR50 seems one of its kinds, providing pleasure to the eye and hunger to the soul.
Key Features of Yamaha R50
- Slick 6-speed motorcycle-style gearbox
- Large disc brakes front (280 mm) and rear (220 mm)
- Aerodynamic R-series styling & ‘fox-eye’ headlight
- Liquid-cooled 2-stroke 50cc engine
- 17-inch alloy wheels with golden rims
- Supersport-style front fork and rear suspension
- Dual seat with grab handle and flip-out foot pegs
- Analogue rev-counter and digital instrument panel
Yamaha TZR50 WGP 50th Anniversary
Shades of Yamaha TZR50
Infographic of Yamaha TZR50