Shocking! Replaced Samsung Galaxy Note7 caught fire

A latest incident has been reported where a replaced Samsung Galaxy Note7 caught fire on a US flight on Wednesday. Brian Green, an Indiana passenger who was travelling from Louisville to Baltimore found that his phone began to smoke while it was in his pocket. The shocking part is that he was carrying a replaced Note7 by AT&T with its box marked with black square and green battery icon indicating it to be safe. And not just this, he had powered down the device as requested by the crew.

On this Samsung has commented, “Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note 7. We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause. Once we have examined the device we will have more information to shar”.

In India, the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has already lifted the ban on using the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone in flights which now seems to be imposed again.

News Source: theverge