Royal Enfield Himalayan - Expected Launch @ 2016 Auto Expo

The launch for Royal Enfield Himalayan gets delayed as it will now be launched at the 2016 Auto Expo. The motorcycle was expected to arrive before the end of 2015. It would be launched alongside many other motorcycles, facing real tough competition from the TVS-BMW k03.

The bike was expected at the Rider Mania event in Goa this month. It has been spotted testing at many locations, with 2 of its variants being expected for 2 different purposes. One is expected to be a soft handed tourer whereas the other seems to be a pure off-roader motorcycle.

The Himalayan is expected to be priced under INR 2 lakh and it would be powered by a 410cc, 1-cylinder engine producing around 28 HP and 30+ NM of torque.

Source - http://motor.vikatan.com/index.php?aid=11221

I would like to ask a simple question. I have seen a person dragging his Royal Enfield as the bike broke down on him. when got down to help I found he could not start his RE 350 Classic because the Battery was down, so i asked him to give kick and start the bike. The local commuter said if the battery is down & tank is filled with petrol still the bike will not start. Is this true? I am still in Shock Mode.

Unfortunately, the problem occurs in case a Royal Enfield runs out of battery. Kick start even stops working till their is some charge in the battery (10-15 mins of minimum charge). The problem is major if the charging unit stops working as a fully charged battery won’t last long, not more than mostly 48 hours of driving.