Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the Baleno hatchback in India with a starting price tag of Rs. 4.99 lakhs for the base variant of petrol and the base diesel variant is available for Rs. 6.16 lakhs. The petrol model of Baleno is powered by 1197cc engine, which develops maximum power of 83.14 BHP @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque of 115 NM @ 4000 rpm.
The diesel model of Baleno is equipped with 1248cc engine, which generates maximum power and maximum torque of 74 BHP @ 4000 rpm and 190 NM @ 2000 rpm respectively. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The petrol model also comes with an option of automatic transmission. The company claimed mileage figures of Baleno are 21.4 KMPL for the petrol model (manual & automatic) and 27.39 KMPL for the diesel model.
The dimensions of the car are 3995mm, 1745mm and 1500mm as the length, width and height respectively. The wheelbase is 2520mm with ground clearance of 170mm and the boot space of Maruti Baleno is 339 litres.
Complete Price List of Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Petrol Sigma – Rs. 4.99 lakhs
- Petrol Delta – Rs. 5.71 lakhs
- Petrol Zeta – Rs. 6.31 lakhs
- Petrol Alpha – Rs. 7.01 lakhs
- Petrol Automatic – Rs. 6.76 lakhs
- Diesel Sigma – Rs. 6.16 lakhs
- Diesel Delta – Rs. 6.81 lakhs
- Diesel Zeta – Rs. 7.41 lakhs
- Diesel Alpha – Rs. 8.11 lakhs