Xiaomi has announced Mi Robot Vacuum developed by Mi Ecosystem company Rockrobo. It has got the ability to scan the surroundings 360 degrees that too 1800 times in a second because it is equipped with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS).
Mi Robot Vacuum works on an algorithm called as simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) through which it maps out the layout of the home and find the best cleaning path. It has got 12 sensors along with advanced features like Mi Home app which lets users to set regular cleaning schedules and even control Mi Robot Vacuum remotely.
Mi Robot Vaccum tech specs:
- (Laser Distance Sensor) LDS to scan surroundings (360 degrees 1800 times per second)
- 12 sensors which includes LDS, cliff sensor, ultrasonic radar sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope.
- Three dedicated processors which aid in real-time mapping and positioning
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithm to find out cleaning paths
- Powerful Nidec brushless DC motor with upto 1800Pa air pressure
- Ultra-quiet airflow
- Main brush with adjustable height feature for cleaning from uneven surfaces
- 5200mAh battery with 2.5 h backup
- Mi Home app integration that helps to monitor cleaning progress, control robot remotely and also set schedules for cleaning.
Mi Robot Vacuum will be available in Chinese market from 6 September. It will be priced at RMB 1699 in Mi Home Stores and on Mi.com in China.