For its new 'Signature Series', Sony Electronics has announced four new high resolution personal audio products including MDR-Z1R headphones, the NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A Walkman players, and the TA-ZH1ES headphone amplifier. Sony in collabortation with top engineers at Sony Music Battery Studios have come up with the premier MDR-Z1R headphones.
Specifications of MDR-ZIR headphones
- Uses 70 mm, magnesium dome HD driver for the widest frequency response (up to 120kHZ) and lightweight aluminum coated LCP edge diaphragm
- Powerful neodymium magnet which ensures greater velocity
- Made of genuine leather
- The cable uses 4.4mm plug
- Dual clock circuit with low phase noise quartz oscillator(Sony claims this helps to achieve superior sound reproduction at virtually any volume settings and support virtually all kinds of Hi-Res music format which includes 384kHz/32bit recording and Quad (11.2MHz) DSD native playback)
- WM1Z and WM1A utilize separate analog and digital circuitry for further noise reduction
- Features a new D.A. Hybrid Amplifier Circuit, which utilizes the combination of Sony’s full digital amplifier S-Master HXTM together with an analog amplifier circuit
The Signature Series has introduced the TA-ZH1ES, and becomes the first headphone amplifier equipped with the coveted ES brand.
NW-WM1Z Walkman, MDR-Z1R headphones and TA-ZH1ES Headphone Amplifier: November 2016
NW-WM1A Walkman: Early 2017
MDR-Z1R Signature Series headphones: MSRP $2,299.99
NW-WM1A and NW-WM1Z Signature Series Walkman: MSRP $1,199.99 and $3,199.99, respectively
TA-ZH1ES Signature Series headphone amplifier: MSRP $2,199.99