Samsung has introduced its Gear S3 Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier models at the IFA 2016 in Berlin. The Gear S3 frontier features rugged outdoor look and the Gear S3 classic is designed to give an elegant look.
It features advanced features like Always On Display, showing the time, accept or reject a call or even snooze an alarm, create short reminders and to-do lists. If you write on the display, the messages will automatically get converted to texts. Also, it lets users to activate the SOS and location tracking capabilities in case of an emergency and send an alert to family or friends and even emergency professionals while not having the phone in-hand.
Another amazing fact is that Samsung has introduced integration of BMW’s personal mobility companion with Gear S3. This allows users to get alerts about time for their next trip, keep a check on fuel levels, unlock their BMW and much more.
Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier tech Specifications
- Dimensions ( Samsung Gear S3 Classic): 46 x 49 x 12.9, 57g (without band)
- Dimensions of (Samsung Gear S3 Frontier): 46 x 49 x 12.9; 62g (without band)
- Display: 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display, 278ppi
- Battery: 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive) with up to 4 days of battery life
- Processor: 1GHz Dual-Core processor, Tizen based wearable platform 2.3.2
- Memory: 768MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Connectivity: 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, A-GPS/Glonass
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- Extra Features: Built-in speaker, IP68 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
Pricing: $299 for Gear S3 Classic